Friday, October 08, 2004

Running multiple versions of .Net Framework(aka:Side-by-Side Execution)

(Usando varias versiones del .Net Framework(Conocido como Side-by-Side Execution))

Three weeks ago I put my hands on .Net Framework 2.o Beta, and I found the problem that my ASP.Net applications compiled under version 1.0 and 1.1 fail. As I usually do on this cases I made a search in google with this text Running multiple versions of .Net Framework and I found the problem quickly.

This page gave me the solution. The problem was that when I installed the new version of framework it registered this version for all sites in the IIS.

The solution is re-register those sites with the correct version. It can be done with the command line ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe), provided with the framework.

For the very lazy people exits a GUI implementation ASP.NET Version Switcher

Screenshot of ASP.NET Version Switcher
ASP.NET Version Switcher



Permalink: Running multiple versions of .Net Framework(aka:Side-by-Side Execution) 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home